New Art History Undergraduate Lounge
We are a new organization on campus, and we welcome students of ALL majors! Due to the many resources available at Rutgers University and its proximity to New York City, there are several main goals and purposes that the Rutgers Art History Student Association would accomplish:
• To provide a forum for Art History majors, minors, or those who just enjoy Art History, to express their opinions and ideas of the field and/or issues that are ongoing in the field.
• Provide information that would serve Art History students to succeed in the field, this could include the following things: graduate schools, internships, study abroad opportunities, career opportunities, and resume/interviewing skills. In order to do these things, we will utilize Professors, Career Service, the Alumni Network, and staff from the Zimmerli Museum.
• Provide opportunities for students to take advantage of not only the Zimmerli Art Museum, but also museums and galleries in New York City.
• Work with staff from the Zimmerli to promote the museum, its exhibitions, and arts in New Brunswick in general.
• Overall, this group will foster a better understanding of the field of Art History, prepare students to succeed in the field, and, of course, enjoy the art that we study!
So far, we took a trip to New Haven, CT in Fall 2007 with the Historic Preservation Society, and we also had a very successful “Art History Night” event in February of 2008. The Art History Night was directed toward students specifically interested in art history. We had a panel of professors, graduate students, alumni, and a visitor from Princeton, who all participated in fielding questions from the students who attended. It was a wonderful event and was enjoyed by all attendees.
The group will meet alternate Mondays in room 411A Rutgers Student Center at 9:00 pm.
More Lounge pictures: